Epson America today introduced a new line of large-format color plotters designed to meet the requirements of today’s engineering and scientific professionals – the Epson SureColor T3000, T5000 and T7000. Marking Epson’s entry into the technical printing market, the SureColor T-Series offers architects, engineers and GIS professionals an unprecedented combination of precision, performance and value with the fastest plotting speeds in its class, industry-leading plotting accuracy and all-new Epson UltraChrome XD pigment ink for brilliant, crisp output on virtually any media type.
“The SureColor T-Series was developed based on direct feedback from architects and engineers who consistently underscored the need for easy and reliable ways to make accurate, large-format plots quickly and cost effectively,” said Timothy Check, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “The SureColor T-Series not only meets those needs, but goes beyond, integrating Epson’s long-standing photo heritage and printing technology innovation into a complete line of state-of-the art plotters.”
Built from the ground up using all-Epson engineering, and incorporating the latest in printing technology, the Epson SureColor T-Series delivers extreme line accuracy with resolutions up to 2880 x 1440 dpi at some of the fastest speeds in its class – producing a presentation quality D-size plot in as little as 25 seconds and up to 110 per hour1. For added performance, the SureColor T-Series plotters feature a convenient output stacking basket that organizes up to 20 A1/D- or A0/E-sized plain paper plots for quick retrieval and to reduce sorting time.
The SureColor T-Series also features Epson’s latest ink technology, Epson UltraChrome XD pigment ink, delivering crisp lines, brilliant color and photographic quality on virtually any paper type for accurate prints that are truly archival and extremely smudge and water-resistant. For added flexibility, the T-Series ink cartridges are available in 110 ml, 350 ml, as well as a high-capacity 700 ml size to lower overall printing costs and to accommodate a range of printing tasks.
The SureColor T-Series
The SureColor T3000, T5000, and T7000 offer architects, engineers and GIS professionals a range of value-add features that help increase productivity, including:
- Three Plotter Widths: The SureColor T3000, T5000 and T7000 feature maximum print widths of 24, 36, and 44-inches respectively with minimal floor space requirements to fit virtually anywhere.
- Epson UltraChrome XD Ink: An all-new Epson pigmented ink delivers brilliant color and crisp lines on virtually any paper type, as well as truly archival and extremely smudge and water-resistant output.
- Varied Ink Capacities: To maximize efficiency and keep printing costs low, each of the five colors – Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Black, and Matte Black – are available in 110 ml, 350 ml and a large capacity 700 ml capacity, which can be used interchangeably to accommodate a range of printing needs. All cartridges are front-loading for easy access.
- Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: Offers high-performance and consistency for precise plotting with highly accurate line placement and minimum line widths as thin as 0.018 mm, along with an extremely robust design that will produce consistent quality print after print.
- Current and Future-Ready Print Language: Epson Precision XD printer language sets a new standard for high-performance, high-resolution printing, compatible with today’s latest applications and workflow software.
- Optional Internal Print Server: An internal 250GB hard drive releases workstations for unattended plotting and features a web server for print queue management and printer maintenance.
- Control Panel: Full color LCD panel with simple button layout provides quick access to printer features and controls, as well as an intuitive help system for most frequent tasks.
Pricing, Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor T3000, T5000 and T7000 will be available in the fall of 2012 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers for a list price of $2,995, $3,995 and $4,995 respectively. The SureColor T-Series printers offer a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus extended service plans are available to provide coverage for up to two additional years. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/Tseries.
Epson's SureColor T3000, T5000 and T7000 were introduced today.
Win More Work with Innovative Approaches to Project Proposals Thursday, June 27th, 2013
How can you make your project proposals stand out in order to win work without losing time and money?
In this presentation, you’ll learn about new ways to quickly create more realistic proposals of design alternatives that demonstrate a better understanding of project needs, more clearly explain project designs, and help you win work.
Get to 30% Design Faster Thursday, August 8th, 2013
Once you win an infrastructure project, how does your team provide owners, review agencies, clients and other stakeholders with a more solid understanding of your design intent?
This webcast presentation will present innovative approaches that show how you can easily combine 2D CAD, GIS, raster, and 3D models, enabling you to accelerate your infrastructure design process. It will also show how you can easily use rich visualizations to validate design decisions faster.
Get to “Yes” Faster with Agency and Community Stakeholders Thursday, September 12th, 2013
Review agencies need to understand and approve projects before they can be built, but the approval process is often slow and linear. Non-technical public stakeholders, such as surrounding residents and business owners, struggle understanding 2D plans and their confusion can lead to expensive roadblocks.
Learn how you can use compelling simulations and animated 3D visualizations to better communicate project alternatives and community impact in a format that is more interactive and easily understood by agencies and non-technical audiences alike.
The Autodesk BIM Specialist Certification for Roads and Highways: A Quick Spin Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Learn more about the Autodesk BIM Specialist Certification for Roads and Highways using the Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite 2014. We’ll give you information about:
• The authorized training guide
• The certification exam
• Learning objectives
• A BIM workflow for road and highway design
Using the training guide, you will learn how to employ a BIM process using the tools in the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite in order to more fully realize the benefits of this intelligent, model-based approach: better understanding of the project, improved accuracy and efficiency, and more agility to respond quickly to changes at anytime, anywhere.
Practical Workflows for the Civil Engineer Thursday, December 12th, 2013
You are already creating rich 3D models, but how can you more fully leverage this model to enhance every phase of infrastructure project workflow?
This webcast will show you how to use your rich, 3D models to gain greater visibility into projects, develop deeper insights into constructability, and identify and resolve issues virtually before breaking ground.